Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Web design update

About 2 months ago, I posted a note asking for help with the FreeDOS web design. The stylesheet is okay, but could use some updating. Specifically, the orange bar at the top of the page was meant to harmonize with SourceForge's colors, back when their colors were silver and orange. But they changed their colors to blue now, so the an orange bar makes no sense.

I figured, if I was going to update the FreeDOS web design to match the colors, it would be time to tackle a few other things that need improving. But I'm just not a web designer. So I put out a call for web designers to help us.

I didn't get much in response. In fact, only 2 people sent back a design concept.

One user (who didn't provide a name) sent me only an image of his idea for our new look:


Another user (Bonnie) suggested a background image for the site, but did not provide a full design. It would have looked like this:


Unfortunately, neither provided a stylesheet, and I haven't been able to get back in touch with them since then.

Instead, I contacted AJ at nodethirtythree design. He agreed to help me, and modified one of his existing web designs ("nonzero_blue") for use on the FreeDOS web site. I think it looks great! I'll put the new design up in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    Character Design

    ReplyDelete